Sunday, June 13, 2010

Paprika Fried Tomatoes



These tomatoes are the easiest side dish in the universe. They are so simple, in fact, that I am almost hesitant to put them on this blog. However, they are so good and everyone that I serve them to asks for the recipe, so I thought I would share. Originally the recipe is from my sister-in-law's father. He lives in the Czech Republic and makes these tomatoes for breakfast almost daily. I tried them one morning and was immediately hooked. They are fantastic with steak or fish and equally as good with eggs for brunch.

Paprika Fried Tomatoes
1 or 2 pints fresh grape tomatoes
large spoonful sweet paprika
sprinkling of white sugar
large glug olive oil
large pinch salt
freshly ground black pepper

Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add tomatoes, sprinkled with sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Heat for about 2-3 minutes, tossing a few times, to ensure that tomatoes are equally scorched on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment