Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring is here ... lets go for a hike!


We went for a walk on the Tiger Dunlop Heritage Trail in Goderich yesterday. It was my first time on the trail this year. It has become an early spring ritual and a path that I return to over the warm seasons whenever I find the time, or need, to get outside to enjoy the air. The trail begins along the old CNR bridge and follows the river for a few kilometres of gravel pathway, overlooking the river valley. Everything is in early bloom, flower buds are emerging on the trees, mallard ducks flirt with their partners, and rainbow trout dodge devoted fishermen as they make their way upstream to spawn.

As you can see I am feeling a bit poetic and excited about the new season. We purchased our first vegetable seeds today for our garden this year and I placed my order for heirloom tomato plants. I can't wait to start planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment